Real Estate Newsletter – Issue #2 – March 2012
Lanka to get speed train by 2016
For the first time in Sri Lanka a Metropolitan speed train system would be set up from Katunayake airport to Fort and back. Airport Express and Rail Company limited (AEARC) a Malaysian based company is looking at investing US $ 600 million for this landmark investment heralding a new era in the Sri Lankan transport sector.
AEARC Chairman, visit this Dr. Parimalan Rajo Isa Michael speaking to ‘Daily News Business’ said that they hope to raise capital through investors from Malaysia, neurosurgeon USA and Denmark.
He disclosed that foreign investors are bullish on Sri Lanka and raising capital for the project would not be an issue. He said that KPMG has been entrusted to carry out the feasibility study in this regard and when it is completed they would start on the project. “We
hope the project to be ready by 2016, order ” he disclosed.
Source: [Daily News - Read more]
Hot topics in the past two weeks
- Sri Lanka Tourism participates at the 2012 New York Times Travel Show
- Sri Lanka’s First Post War Industrial Zone Attracts 52 Investors
- Tourism boom seen at T20 tourney in Sept
- Boutique break in stylish Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Tourism at International Travel Bourse
- ‘Sri Lanka, China ties will continue to grow’
- Tea totaller
- Avani sees healthy start in 2012
- Major investments for SL hospitality sector…
- Civil war over, Sri Lanka tourism blossoms
- Tourism to be top forex earner in 2016
- Lanka offers Bangladesh to use H’tota sea port
- Kalutara to get US $ 25 m hotel